Girls on the Run of Puget Sound is a non-profit organization whose mission is to use the power of running to educate and prepare preteen girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. Since 2002, we have operated an after-school prevention program for 3rd to 5th grade girls at sites in the Puget Sound region. Learn more at http://www.girlsrun.org.
Position Summary: The primary responsibility of the Fall Intern is to work with the Program Coordinator to implement a successful program season.
• Update and maintain our database of program participants, volunteers
• Collaborate with community partners to recruit running buddies
• Visit program sites to collect photographs and interviews
• Assist with administrative duties in regards to the fall program and 5k
• Plan, organize and execute a volunteer coach recognition event
• Detail oriented
• Collaborative worker
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Computer literate (skilled in internet research and common computer
• Experience with database management and graphic design a plus
• Minimum time commitment of 6 hours a week till mid December
• Position open until filled
• Access to personal vehicle a plus
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Amber Swim at email@example.com.
For more information: Amber Swim, Program Coordinator, 206-528-2118, firstname.lastname@example.org