Position:Volunteer & Youth Programs Assistant
Available: August 2010 through October 2010 (Longer if intern is available)
Reports to: Volunteer & Youth Programs Coordinator
Hours: 8 – 12 hours per week, M-F, flexible schedule, some evenings preferred
Compensation: This position is unpaid. NARAL Pro-Choice Washington will help
secure academic credit if applicable.
Volunteers play an integral role in all of NARAL Pro-Choice Washington’s work. The Volunteer Coordination Assistant will be responsible for assisting in recruiting and scheduling of volunteers for all NARAL events and office activities.
• Recruit volunteers and interns for NARAL Pro-Choice Washington using a
combination of telephone, internet, and in-person tactics.
• Follow up with volunteer and internship inquires in a timely manner.
• Make volunteer reminder phone calls, send our reminder postcards and emails.
• Help greet and supervise volunteer activities in the office.
• Data Entry – track volunteer actions in database.
• Assist Volunteer & Youth Programs Coordinator with other tasks as necessary.
• Willingness to and comfort calling strangers
• Basic computer skills – (Microsoft Word and Database experience is a plus)
• Outgoing personality and willingness to work with volunteers
• Strong personal commitment to a woman’s right to choose
To Apply: Please email a resume and cover letter to Eleazar Juarez-Diaz at