“Ventures” Retail Incubator Intern
Description: Ventures Retail Incubator Intern will welcome and wait on visitors, talk with them about items in the store, sell a wide variety of products, provide information and printed materials about Washington CASH, “Ventures” products, services, upcoming events and be an important “public face” for the organization. In addition, the Intern will…
Summary of Responsibilities:
*Responsibilities vary depending on a volunteer’s experience, interest, and physical capacities*
- With direction from the Ventures managers, and working collaboratively with other volunteers, sell a wide variety of gift items including books, jewelry, cards, accessories, artist created item, coffee, tea and snacks.
- Wait on all visitors to Ventures with a gracious and welcoming approach.
- Be familiar with and enthusiastic about Ventures merchandise and client services, and promote Washington CASH programs, services, history and mission.
- Clean and organize displays, back stock and beverages.
- Abide by all Washington CASH policies and procedures, and Code of Conduct.
Reports to: Miriam Works and Tammy James, Retail Incubator Managers
- Minimum of 5-10 hours per week required, and a minimum of 3 month time commitment preferred.
- Previous retail experience required
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to handle a variety of tasks
- Ability to deal cheerfully with large volumes of people during events, tours etc.
- Ability to multi-task–working on a variety of tasks simultaneously while remaining organized and providing welcoming customer service.
- Interest in and enthusiasm for WACASH and its mission
- An understanding and respect for diverse lifestyles, cultures, religions and values and ability to interact with a variety of people
Join a community of courageous and empowered individuals working toward economic self-sufficiency through small business ownership and contribute to a vibrant local economy and thriving neighborhoods.
Contact Mary Eriksson-Humphrey at email@example.com or (206) 352-1945, x240 to get involved!