Position: Business Support Group Intern
Job Description: The Business Support Group Intern will provide support for the preparation and coordination of Washington CASH Business Support Group Meetings. Business Support Groups meet weekly, as a support system for our small business owner. Within their support groups they receive feedback, hold each other to account, receive training, and access capital through micro-loans.
Washington CASH also provides a buffet-style dinner meal as a means to create a warm sense of community within Business Groups.
Reports to: Jennifer Crandall, Business Groups Coordinator
- Assist Groups Coordinator with the logistics, planning, set-up, and coordination of Business Support Group meetings, activities, and buffet-style dinner meal.
- Assist Groups Coordinator with Business Groups administrative support: preparation of business group manuals, loan application and training materials, data entry, and other tasks as needed.
Minimum Commitment of 6-8 hours per week for at least 3 months preferred. Preferred schedule: Tuesdays, from 1:30pm-8:30pm. For other availability, contact Mary Eriksson-Humphrey.
- Excellent organizational & multi-tasking abilities, motivated and ready to assist where needed.
- Ability to learn quickly, and attention to detail.
- Some cooking experience preferred, and knowledge of health & safety standards a must.
- Excited by the opportunity to get involved with a thriving, local microenterprise organization!
Join a community of courageous and empowered individuals working toward economic self-sufficiency through small business ownership and contribute to a vibrant local economy and thriving neighborhoods.
Gain hands-on experience in supporting small business owners through Business Support Groups, in a local non-profit, and contribute to the success of small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Contact Mary Eriksson-Humphrey at email@example.com or (206) 352-1945, x240 to get involved!