Hall Health Mental Health
Spring Quarter Groups 2013
1. Mindfulness for Anxiety Group: Mondays 4:30-6:00pm. Starting April 9, 2013. Eight weeks. Explore common signs of anxiety and learn how to approach the anxiety in your life and situations you tend to avoid. If you are interested in learning more about the group, please contact co-facilitators Jane Mortell, MA, LMHC, at email@example.com, or Chia-Wen Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. LGBTQ & Questioning Group: Thursdays 1:30 to 3:00 pm. Ongoing. Starting TBA. The purpose of this group is to provide a safe, supportive, and affirming environment where individuals can explore thoughts and feelings around sexual orientation. Members can be individuals who are anywhere in the lifelong “coming-out” process, which includes: people who may be uncertain and are questioning their sexual orientation, people who may be coming out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or queer, and people who struggle with “being in the closet” at work or school, with friends, and with their families. If you’re interested in the group or have questions, please contact the group facilitator, Ryli Webster, MSW, LICSW, 206-543-5030, option #4 or email@example.com.
3. DBT Skills Group (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy group). Mondays from 1:30-3:00 p.m. starting Monday, April 1, 2013. Ten weeks. Learn how to increase self-awareness, build relationship skills, manage crisis situations, and better control your emotions. Open to clients referred by their Hall Health Mental Health Clinic providers. Co-facilitated by Treg Isaacson, MA (221-7983) and Chia-Wen Chen, LMHC (543-3213).
4. Procrastination/Perfectionism Group – Two Sections: Wednesdays from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. and Fridays from 10:00 am to noon. Ongoing. There is a wait list for Fridays and there are openings for Wednesdays. This is group for folks who struggle with procrastinating and being perfectionist. Being troubled by procrastination and perfectionism is not a requirement. Learn how to be less anxious. Co-Facilitators: Anil Coumar, LMHC and Ricardo Hidalgo, LMHC. Info at:206-543-5030, option #4.
5. Mindfulness Meditation for Beginners. Two Sections: Wednesdays 11:00-12:30 and Thursdays 4-5:30, starting April 10 and April 11, 2013. Eight weeks. Mindfulness meditation is a practice that involves cultivating attention to the present moment in a nonjudgmental manner. The benefits of mindfulness meditation have been widely studied and include alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety, increasing capacity for attention and concentration, improving self-esteem, enhancing resilience to stress. No prior knowledge or experience is required. Participants will be provided with materials, instruction and support for building and sustaining a meditation practice. To enroll contact the Mental Health Clinic at (206) 543-5030 option #4. For questions e-mail or phone the group facilitator, Meghann Gerber, Psy.D.: (206) 221-7941; firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Mindfulness Meditation Follow-up Group. Mondays from 11:30-1:00 pm starting April 1, 2013. Ongoing. For those who are already familiar with mindfulness meditation and want to continue in an open, ongoing, weekly group. An 8-week commitment is recommended. Facilitated by Meghann Gerber, PsyD. Contact Meghann at 206-543-5030 option #4.
Cost of all groups: $43 per session ($40 No Show Fee without 24 hour notice). Insurance may cover fees, please check with your insurance carrier.
Where: Mental Health Clinic, Hall Health Center, 3rd Floor.
Register, get information, or ask questions at 206-543-5030, option #4 for any and all groups.
Go to http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/content/clinics/mental-health/group-therapy-support-groups for more information about our groups.