Food Lifeline is currently hiring a part time, temporary, Project Coordinator to assist with the Hunger in America study. Hunger in America (HIA 2014) is the largest study of charitable food assistance in America. As part of this study, every four years, Food Lifeline collects information from our network of food banks to identify issues faced by both the food bank agencies and the clients they serve. The HIA 2014 client survey will collect information directly from clients at food assistance programs across the country. Data collectors are needed to interact with clients and help obtain information on clients’ personal circumstances and needs.
Responsibilities of Data Collectors
• Lead training sessions for new data collectors
• Conduct pre-visit phone calls with agencies
• Coordinate and manage data collector teams (2-3 people) to dispatch to sites throughout Western
Washington to implement client survey
• Check out equipment (tablet computers, headphones, supplies) to data collectors
• Be knowledgeable about the study and client survey.
• Weekly schedules will vary, including evening and weekend hours.
• Submit reimbursements for data collectors
• Position will be part time up to 30 hours/week through August 31
• Work closely with Public Policy Coordinator to implement data collection
• Will report to Food Lifeline’s Public Policy Coordinator
• 18 years of age or older,
• Interest in the study and its purpose
• Experience working in team environment
• Managing multiple project elements simultaneously
Desired Data Collector Traits
• Energy, enthusiasm, and patience
• Understanding of basic research principles
• Supervising small teams
Compensation: Food Lifeline is an equal opportunity employer. Pay for this position is $15 per hour and does not include benefits. This is a part time (up to 30 hrs), temporary (18 weeks) position.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to time constraints, applicants will be screened as they apply and positions will be filled as soon as possible.