The Seattle Foundation is hiring an Administrative Assistant to support the Grantmaking and Community Leadership Team. The announcement is pasted in below or can be found on the Seattle Foundation website through the link below.
Administrative Assistant (Grantmaking & Community Leadership Team)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Primary responsibility for managing the Vice President of Grantmaking & Community Leadership’s schedule and calendar.
- Provide administrative support to committee meetings, including notification, minutes and other communications.
- Manage data in Raiser’s Edge and Grants Edge including: updating information, processing grant applications, assigning funds, creating reports, preparing letters, requesting checks, tracking grant status reports and managing nonprofit passwords.
- Create and maintain calendar of team events, activities, meetings and deadlines.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries.
- Maintain department’s records system and required documentation per retention schedule.
- Help design and implement processes and procedures.
- Provide administrative support to Communications Team including proofreading, distribution of publications, and gathering Grants & Community Leadership content for the website.
- Serve as administrative backup for other positions as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education and/or ability required.
Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in:
- Nonprofits or community groups
- Administrative and customer support
- Database management and entry
Candidates must have the ability to:
- Work independently to plan and complete routine tasks and transactions that have multiple steps and potential alternatives with limited supervision.
- Support multiple people.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to a variety of audiences.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain records and records systems.
- Work on multiple activities concurrently, organize work to meet deadlines, and respond to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Raiser’s Edge or equivalent database program.
- Maintain confidentiality of the Foundation’s data and customer relationships.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- High school diploma or GED
Please apply to:
The Seattle Foundation
1200 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1300
Seattle WA 98101
No phone calls please.
The Seattle Foundation values diversity and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply.