Are you having trouble fitting your jobs and extracurricular activities on a one-page resume? Are you confused about how to write a resume that is going to be fed into a computer rather than read by a human being? Are you having difficulty targeting your cover letter and resume for a particular position? Well, the CLUE Writing Center is here to help!
This Thursday evening, the CLUE Writing Center will be conducting a Cover Letter and Resume workshop. Our workshop aims to guide students through the process of creating a resume and cover letter that highlights their relevant skills and effectively tailors their experiences to meet a potential employer’s needs.
Who is this for?
All students applying for full time, part time, and holiday or summer employment.
What will participants learn?
- How to determine which personal, technical, and transferable skills to highlight
- Tips for determining employer needs
- How to analyze different resume formats and select one that best markets their skills and abilities
- How to create a tailored resume and cover letter
When and where is the workshop?
- This Thursday, April 18th from 7:00-8:00PM!
- Location: Mary Gates Hall, room 254