Program Assistant Posting –Summer Internship 2013
WestSide Baby, in partnership with our community, provides essential items to local children in need by collecting and distributing diapers, clothing, and equipment such as car seats and cribs. We do this through partnerships with more than 80 social service agencies. Those professionals order items from us and distribute them to the families they serve. With incredible progress in the last few years, we strive to meet the growing needs of families in poverty and crisis, while increasing our vibrant donor base.
WestSide Baby is seeking a responsible and motivated individual to join our team as a Program Assistant for the summer. This person will work primarily with the Program Coordinator and Outreach/Operations Manager to support our daily operations with a focus on facilitating our distribution through social service agencies.
• Process all filled orders in preparation for distribution
• Directly interact with Provider Partners to facilitate their weekly pick-ups
• Support group volunteer events, including planning and setting up projects
• Support intake and donation processing efforts
• Support summer community events
• Other tasks as assigned
• Must be a self-starter that desires to work in a fast paced and energetic environment.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills, allowing for excellent communication with staff and Community Partners
• Computer savvy a must. Proficient in Word, Excel and data entry.
• Great attitude is required!
Position runs for 10-12 weeks from Mid June to Mid September. Flexible start and end date are possible. Twenty (20) hours a week and two additional Saturday shifts (9:30am-1:30pm) each month. Additional hours or flexible schedule around event weekend may be requested.
• Monday : 9:00-2:00
• Tuesday : 9:00-2:00pm (required)
• Wednesday: 9:00-2:00
• Thursday : 11:30-4:30 (required)
• Friday : off
• Saturday: 9:30-1:30 (2 per month)
This is an unpaid internship. Can be used for school credit if needed by applicant’s program.
Apply:Please send a resume and cover letter indicating your qualifications and interest in working at WestSide Baby to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 24th. No phone calls please!