Ryther is looking to fill three temporary summer Residential Counselor positions lasting from June 17th-Sept 4th, 2013.
The job description is as follows:
Provide a consistent therapeutic milieu through direct care and supervision of residents.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Ensure the integrity and consistency of the program structure and routines.
2. Plan and direct all daily program activities. Provide direct, consistent supervision to teach residents skills necessary to function within a family and the community.
3. Maintain appropriate personal and professional boundaries and awareness in regards to residents, families, co-workers and community resources, etc,.
4. Consistently role model appropriate behaviors, emotions, and communication skills, i.e., anger management, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills.
5. Utilize verbal de-escalation skills during crisis intervention to include IASSIST and IESCAPE..
6. Utilize approved behavior management techniques including use of de-escalation room and passive physical restraint when de-escalation and/or physical intervention is necessary for crisis management.
7. Participate in treatment planning meetings (multi-disciplinary teams) to develop treatment plans for residents.
8. Aid clients in reaching goals and objectives as outlined by milieu program, individual treatment plans, behavior management plans, and individualized treatment programs through therapeutic interventions.
9. Assist residents to gain the skills to live in a less restrictive setting.
10. Approach families in a manner consistent with agency and program philosophy, treatment plans, placement plans, and individual treatment programs.
11. Complete and maintain all required documentation pertaining to residents, i.e., daily logs, medication reports, restraint records, incident reports, etc.
12. Utilize agency policies when responding to emergencies.
13. Perform bedroom checks at least every 20 minutes during evening and night shift (9:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.) or as directed by supervisor.
14. Attend and participate in scheduled shifts, staff meetings, program development meetings, trainings, and staff retreats.
15. Promote effective team work, cooperation and communication among program personnel.
16. Participate in in-house orientation and training sessions to increase professional ability.
17. Seek and/or utilize feed back provided by supervisors for professional development.
18. Maintain a safe environment by reporting facility safety concerns to appropriate staff.
19. Maintain all necessary credentials per agency and licensing requirements.
20. Perform all other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Commitment to the Vision, Values and Mission of the agency.
2. Acceptance of a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, cultural, and spiritual practices.
3. 21 years of age.
4. Bachelor’s Degree in a behavioral science or high school education with at least two years combination of experience and training working with children, youth, and families in residential/home-based programs.
5. Ability to maintain awareness of culturally relevant issues while interaction with clients, families, co-workers, and community members.
6. Ability to work within a strengths based model.
7. Knowledge and understanding of family-centered practice principles.
8. Valid Washington state driver’s license.
9. Full time Residential Counselors must have the ability to drive agency vehicles and have a good driving record.
10. Ability to exercise discretion and maintain customer and employee confidentiality.
11. Ability to work within the framework of a therapeutic milieu.
12. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
13. Flexibility and ability to work a varied schedule including evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
14. Ability to perform verbal de-escalation and physical intervention restraints.
This position pays $11.15+/hr. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.