Donor Database Coordinator
$16-18/hr DOE, full-time, temporary (4-5 months)
Girl Scouts of Western Washington is committed to building future leaders who are committed to making the world a better place. Given the opportunity, every girl can become a leader with the courage to act on her values, develop the ability to make clear decisions, and acquire the self- confidence to make a difference in the world around her. Girl Scouts provides these opportunities through fun, girl-driven programs, reflecting the ever-changing needs and interests of girls. In the model of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE), the activities we do in Girl Scouts and the way that we do them result in outcomes that empower girls to become leaders. Girls can participate in Girl Scouts in a number of ways: As part of a troop, attending a series of programs, events or even travel! Volunteers can support the development of these future leaders either directly or by supporting other volunteers.
Girl Scouts of Western Washington (www.girlscoutsww.org) is currently seeking a Donor Database Coordinator to fill-in for a maternity leave. They will support the Fund Development department through the effective daily administration of the organization’s donor database – Donor Perfect – acknowledging donors, reconciling gifts with Finance, handling department billing and supporting fundraising events and activities. If you have donor database experience, are organized, timely, detail-oriented and customer-focused, our team would love to hear from you! This is a temporary position that is anticipated to last thru November and possibly mid-December.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title, the position location, your last name and where you saw this posting in the subject line of your e-mail.
Girl Scouts of Western Washington values diversity. Girl Scouts is a welcoming, inclusive organization. Girl Scouts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ensure that gift entry is timely, accurate and that the acknowledgment process is working seamlessly. Works efficiently to ensure that no backlog develops and that all batches are processed daily.
Create, update and maintain overall systems for DonorPerfect, including but not limited to: effective set up and maintenance of database codes, accuracy of donor and prospect names, salutations and contact information, maintaining accurate soft credit and pledge input, maintenance and reporting.
Keeps constituent files within DonorPefect clean and up-to-date by checking database against external registers.
Works closely with the Finance team ensuring financial adjustments are made; serve as the point person for regular reconciliation, audit and other processes.
Provides accurate and timely reports, queries and data segmentation for fundraising campaign analysis, campaign launches and prospecting. Produces and distributes ongoing Gift Reports to all appropriate parties.
Maintains regular system checks and takes corrective action when required. This includes systems patches and upgrading database versions as appropriate.
Ensures that all contacts with key donors are recorded quickly, efficiently and appropriately in the best interests of donor stewardship.
Supports colleagues by investigating problems and recommending solutions relative to any and all database functions.
In addition to the above, perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate of Arts degree and two years’ experience in fund development, database administration or equivalent combination of related education and experience required
- Two or more years’ experience working with donor database. Donor Perfect or Raiser’s Edge experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with donor database analytic tools, queries and reports and other advanced database analysis functions.
- Knowledge of the practices and principles of fundraising and/or prior experience with fundraising operations required.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to organize information and data and perform detail-oriented work with accuracy/timeliness/completeness.
- Ability to work with multiple staff within the Team and throughout the organization.
- Hands on experience working collaboratively with the Finance Team desired.
- Strong telephone and verbal communications skills as well as solid interpersonal skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Maintain membership in Girl Scouts of the United States of America.
- Satisfactory results from criminal background search.
- Availability to work varied hours, including nights and weekends as necessary.
- Valid Washington State drivers license, vehicle in working condition, proof of insurance, or the ability to fulfill timely and extensive travel requirements across widespread regional geography.
About Girl Scouts of Western Washington
Girl Scouts is for every girl and we are committed to serving girls who face sometimes overwhelming obstacles through programs such as Girl Scouts Beyond Bars, serving the daughters of women in prison, Girl Scouts Fostering A Future, serving girls who are in foster care, Girl Scouting in the School Day meeting with girls in area elementary and middle schools and Skills For Life, serving girls in low income housing communities, many of whom are new to this country. We currently serve over 26,000 girls in partnership with nearly 13,000 volunteers throughout seventeen counties in western Washington. In addition to our headquarters, we operate field offices located in Bellevue, Bremerton, DuPont and Marysville, as well as six camp properties: Camp Lyle Mcleod and Camp St. Albans near Belfair, Camp Robbinswold on the Hood Canal, Camp Evergreen near Longview, Camp Klahanee near Hoquiam and Camp River Ranch, near Carnation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer