The Center for Undergraduate Advising, Diversity and Student Success (CUADSS) IS HIRING STUDENT ASSOCIATES FOR 2013-14.
These positions provide support services for Undergraduate Academic Advising (UAA), Academic Support Programs (ASP), and the Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity (OMAD).
Help undergraduate students navigate the complexities of University of Washington life.
• Staff the front desk of the Center for Undergraduate Advising, Diversity and Student Success, responding to all in-person and phone inquiries.
• Help fellow students understand administrative processes.
• Work closely with 30 academic advisers in scheduling appointments, troubleshooting, special projects, etc.
• Make appropriate referrals. Be familiar with all University of Washington undergraduate academic programs/support services.
• Have a proactive understanding of College and University rules and regulations affecting a student’s progress toward a degree.
• Contribute to First Year Program’s efforts in welcoming new students and assisting them with the registration process.
• Assist in maintaining an accurate filing system for all pre-majors in the college of Arts and Sciences.
• Work as a member of a team in keeping the workspace clean and organized.
• Special projects, as necessary (event planning, data base maintenance, publications, etc.)
• Must be current UW undergraduate and have attended at least THREE quarters at the UW prior to start date.
• Preference will be given to work study candidates but not required.
• Utilize strong interpersonal communication and public speaking skills.
• Experience in leadership, advising and/or related activities (Freshman Interest Group Peer Instructor, Summer Peer Adviser/Orientation Leader, student groups, residential life, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population of student co-workers.
• Possess a demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
IV. Time Commitment and Salary
• 10-15 hours a week, including some weekday evenings until 6:00pm.
• Positions begin September 16th 2013.
• THIS JOB POSTING CLOSES ON August 1st AT 5:00 PM. INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON August 12 – 14. Please send your resume & cover letter to UAAadmin@uw.edu.