Operations and Outreach Manager
The Queen Anne Food Bank is a ministry of Sacred Heart Church. With the help of over 50 volunteers weekly, we serve sack lunches and hot soup Monday-Friday to over 100 residents living in the Lower Queen Anne and Belltown neighborhoods and another 70 households each week through our grocery distribution program.
The Volunteer and Food Bank Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the food bank and meal program. An ideal candidate has an interest in food justice, has excellent communication skills and excited about building community among the volunteers, clients and other supporters.
This is an exempt 30-40 hour/week position. Candidate is paid hourly DOE. Full benefits included.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Recruits, trains, coordinates and supervises volunteers to perform food bank work.
2. Manages the acquisition, organization, storage and distribution of food. Evaluates inventory, submitting weekly reports and orders to TEFAP and Food Lifeline, arranges for irregular food pick-ups and deliveries, maintains records and submits required reports of incoming food donations.
3. Maintains and reviews client eligibility guidelines and makes the appropriate referrals to other services as necessary.
4. Assures compliance with requirements of King County Health Department and partner organizations.
5. Prepare school group visits to the food bank. Facilitate conversations around urban poverty and involve students in volunteer work.
6. Attends meetings pertaining to the food bank. Continues to seek partnerships to grow and develop the food bank and meal program.
· Good physical condition: ability to lift up to fifty pounds up fifteen stairs. Ability to bend, reach and load food into and out of vehicles.
· Proficient with computer systems such as Microsoft Office, SalesForce Non-Profit and WordPress.
· Has a passion for the work, i.e. feels called to social justice work and is driven to contribute to the devilment of a small, new non-profit.
· Driver’s license with ability to drive a large van.
· Experience working with youth is a plus.
· Proven ability to meet deadlines.
Skills and Competencies:
· Interpersonal skills: ability to communicate effectively in person, on the telephone, in the public arena.
· Experience managing a commercial kitchen and demonstrates a creativity with cooking.
· Ability to remain organized and work effectively across a variety of tasks throughout a day.
· Excellent relationship-building and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to effectively relate to persons of diverse ages, backgrounds, skills and abilities.
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team, manage time effectively, prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Creative and resourceful with an ability to work within a setting that is constantly in a state of change.
· Willingness to help in all areas as needed.
· Ability to see the humor in stressful situations.
· Self-motivated to create new solutions and directions with a vision for the food bank’s sustainability and well-being.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Elise: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, August 12th.