We are currently looking for qualified candidates, either current undergraduate or graduate students, or recent graduates, for a part time position on one of our research projects.
Health Promotion Specialist Position Details
WSB Study Overview
* What is a WSB (Walking School Bus)? A physical activity study where a group of children walk to and from school under adult supervision, and in which they are taught pedestrian safety.
* What are the goals of this WSB project? Increase physical activity and teach pedestrian safety.
* 6 schools (3 intervention and 3 control)
* Seattle Public elementary schools, 3rd-5th grade students. Approximately up to 30 student participants per school.
* Health Promotion Specialist Responsibilities:
+ Prepping (for recruitment and data collection) at baseline AND follow up
+ Data Collection/Assessments at baseline ONLY
+ Walking with the students
+ Teaching Pedestrian Safety
+ Prepping routes and maps
+ Keep track of attendance and weather
+ Communicate with parents and co-workers about anything relating to the WSBs (cancellations, etc.)
Follows the school calendar, approximately September-June.
Salary: $10 an hour
Initial recruitment (morning, mid-day, afternoon; in summary school hours)
Walking (before school: approx. 7-9:30am and after school: approx. 2:30-4:30pm)
Trainings (3-4 hours in September)
Staff Meetings (1 hour per month, date/time TBD)
For more information and to apply, please visithttps://www3.apply2jobs.com/seattlechildrens/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6270&Cur