The Carlson Leadership & Public Service Center is pleased to announce an opening for a 50% time Student Engagement Coordinator. The Carlson Leadership & Public Service Center develops service-Learning, community-based participatory research, and leadership opportunities for UW students that sustain reciprocal partnerships, deepen learning, advance civic engagement, and contribute to our greater community. The Carlson Center is one of nine programs in the Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity that provide opportunities for UW undergraduates to extend their learning beyond the classroom.
The half-time Student Engagement Coordinator will be an integral member of the Carlson Center team. This position will advise students regarding opportunities to engage in service events and co-curricular volunteer work. This position will have primary responsibility for developing and implementing large scale events that engage students, faculty, staff and alumni in service and provide venues for celebrating engagement and leadership. In addition, this position will be responsible for strategically planning and implementing the Carlson Center’s communications strategy in order to recruit and engage students in service opportunities. Specific Responsibilities include:
- · Recruit and advise students regarding one-day and episodic service opportunities
- · Partner with other campus units to serve as a resource for students interested in co-curricular service opportunities
- · Coordination of university-wide Days of Service including the Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
- · Coordination and support for the Spring Celebration of Service and Leadership, a collaborative event that provides a venue for students to celebrate their service and leadership activities while demonstrating what they have learned
- · Development and implementation of a comprehensive communications strategy for the Carlson Center and all Carlson Center led initiatives
- · This position is located within the Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity and participates in center activities such as events, meetings and other opportunities
|• Baccalaureate degree in Social Sciences or related field from an accredited institution is required.
• 2 years of professional experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly the ability to work with multiple constituencies
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, follow through on independent projects, and balance multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with university students, Carlson Center partners (such as United Way of King County), and university faculty and staff
• Commitment to Carlson Leadership & Public Service Center’s values and fundamental mission to engage undergraduates in understanding, building and improving our communities
• Demonstrated ability to use basic and some advanced functions of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook), the internet and web-based forms
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except where there are legal requirements such as license/certification/registration.
|Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
To learn more about and apply for this position, please visit UW Hires and Search for Requisition Number 104154. The position will close on January 31, 2014.