U.S. PIRG is looking to hire 25 graduating college students into their full-time Fellowship program. Fellows with U.S. PIRG will do research, advocacy and grassroots organizing on critical public interest issues. They will receive extensive training while working side-by-side with experienced staff in one of our 30 state campaign offices. And after two years on the front lines tackling important problems and pushing for smart solutions, Fellows will have the skills and experience it takes to become a leader with us, or other organizations working to make change happen.
But most importantly Fellows will get the opportunity to make an impact on some of the most pressing issues facing our country today, including:
- Health care: The cost of health care is skyrocketing. It’s time for insurers to deliver the care we pay for, and we are helping consumers use the new health insurance marketplaces to get quality care that won’t break the bank.
- Democracy: Money isn’t speech. Corporations aren’t people. We’re building a student movement to overturn the Citizens United decision and to get big money out of our elections.
This past semester, organizers around the country helped to:
– Put a recycling initiative on the 2014 ballot in Massachusetts by helping to collect over 30,000 citizen signatures
– Release U.S.PIRG’s 28th annual ‘Trouble in Toyland” report to highlight dangerous toys on store shelves so consumers could be safe shoppers during the holiday season
– Register thousands of college students in New Jersey to vote and make sure they turned out to the polls on Election Day
– And many more!
A representative is visiting campus on February 10th and 1th to conduct interviews and promote their Campus Organizer position. If you have questions, contact Micaela Preskill email@example.com