Attention Juniors & Seniors!
Gain Experience and Make a Difference
Be A Tutor-Mentor: EDUC 401G
UW’s Academic Support Program is offering a service-learning seminar titled “EDUC 401: Tutoring and Mentorship in Higher Education” in Spring Quarter 2014. This weekly seminar introduces juniors and seniors to tutoring, mentoring, and teaching methodologies. Students apply what they learn in class through tutoring and mentoring new transfer, freshman, and sophomore students who are transitioning socially, culturally, and academically to the UW. This is a great opportunity for seasoned students to give back to UW by sharing their knowledge and experience.
- Seminar begins 1st week of Spring Quarter, March 31st 2014
- Seminar meets on Mondays from 3:30-4:50 PM or from 6:00-7:20 PM
- Tutoring takes place on campus
- Receive 2 credits for working with one student, or receive 3 credits for working with two students
- A letter of recommendation will be available upon request after completion of the seminar
For more information, visit our website at:
For registration information, please contact Leslie Ikeda at: email@example.com