Coordinator of Women’s Program for Entre Hermanos
Part-time, based in Seattle
Entre Hermanos is a community based nonprofit in Seattle, serving the Latino LGBTQ community. We have a part-time opening for a coordinator for our women’s program. Our programs primarily serve the Latino LGBTQ community through health promotion, community organizing, advocacy and support.
The position we are filling is for someone who can help our organization re-vision its service to the lesbian, bisexual and transgender and queer woman-identified Latina community. We are seeking someone to help develop our programming, relationships in the community and service.
Anyone interested please send a resume and cover letter to Marcos Martinez at email@example.com. You can call with questions at 206-322-7700. The job description follows; please read it carefully.
Job title: Women’s Program Coordinator
Job Summary and main duties
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, plans, organizes and implements programs to serve the Latina lesbian, bisexual and transgender communities, consistent with the mission and the policies and procedures of Entre Hermanos.
- Recruits participants for the program
- Conducts outreach
- Plans regular meetings, including presentations
- Establishes and maintains relationships with resource people in the community
- Maintains knowledge of community resources and organizations; refers clients to appropriate services.
- Monitors program budget, in consultation with Executive Director and Finance Director
- Collects and maintains program data and prepares reports as directed
- Maintains database of program participants
High school diploma, GED or equivalent. Two years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, orally and written
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate volunteers within program area.
CONTACT: Marcos Martinez