Please consider the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) scholarship program for study, research and internships in Germany. The DAAD offers a wide variety of funding opportunities for students including summer research internships for students in the sciences. Please share the following information with your students and colleagues.
DAAD RISE: Research Internships in Science and Engineering
- Competitive summer internship program for students in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Sciences and Engineering
- Students work with research groups at universities and top research institutions
- Length of program is 2-3 months during summer term
- Working Language is English
- Scholars receive stipends from DAAD to help cover living expenses while partner institutions provide housing
- Over 300 students are awarded annually
DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship: Study abroad scholarship for students with strong research or academic interest in Germany
- Competitive scholarship to support 4-10 months of study in Germany
- Scholars receive monthly stipend plus funds to help defray travel, research and health insurance expenses
- Applicants should have sophomore or junior standing at time of application.
- Students should be able to demonstrate a clear interest in contemporary German and European affairs
December 2, 2014–Information Session at 12:30pm in MGH 171
January 15, 2015
January 31, 2015– Deadline for Undergraduate Scholarship