Tillman Military Scholars Program – Applications due Tuesday, March 3!
With one week to go until the deadline, it is still possible to complete the application for the Tillman Military Scholars program. The scholarship program is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are veterans, active-duty service members, and spouses! Scholarships are renewable and award amounts vary based on individual circumstances. In 2014 the average scholarship amount was $14,000 per academic year.
The mission of the Pat Tillman Foundation is to invest in military veterans and their spouses through academic scholarships – building a diverse community of leaders committed to service to others. Each year, the Pat Tillman Foundation selects up to 60 Tillman Scholars: military veterans and spouses who embody Pat’s unwavering commitment to service, learning and action. The scholars chosen demonstrate clear academic and career goals, extraordinary leadership potential, and a deep desire to create positive change through their work in the fields of medicine, law, business, policy, technology, education and the arts. Students from all fields are eligible to apply. The scholarship is not a gift; it’s an investment in excellence and potential. Scholars receive the benefits of leadership development and a community of peers and mentors to help them
reach their fullest potential as leaders.
Since its inception, 347 Tillman Military Scholars nationwide have been awarded over $6 million. This year, 60 new Tillman Military Scholars join Current and Network Tillman Military Scholars both online and in‐person at the annual Pat Tillman Leadership Summit and subsequent regional gatherings throughout the U.S., as well as at Pat’s Run each April.
· Veteran and active-duty military service members
· Honorably discharged of pre-and post-9/11 service
· From all branches of the U.S. Military including National Guard and Reserve
· Current spouses of veterans or active-duty service members, including surviving spouses
· Service members or spouses pursuing a degree as a full-time student:
· Undergraduate (Bachelor’s or above)
· Graduate or post-graduate degree
· At a public or private, U.S.-based accredited institution
Applicants will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
· Educational and career ambitions
· Record of military service and/or community impact as a military spouse
· Record of personal achievement
· Demonstration of service to others in the community
· Desire to continue to serve others and make a positive impact on your community
· Leadership potential
· Compelling, thoughtful, genuine and thorough essay question responses
Please http://pattillmanfoundation.org/apply-to-be-a-scholar/ for complete details and apply online by March 3, 2015.
UW is a TMS University Partner. Information for UW applicants is at
http://expd.washington.edu/scholarships/search/search-results.html?page_stub=tillman , including tips for creating competitive applications.
Several UW advisers are available to assist students in applying for the Tillman Scholarship. Take advantage of these advisers for feedback on application drafts!
UW contacts for application assistance:
UW Veterans Services Contacts: