Position Title: Work-Study Student Assistant V
Hiring 1-2 student workers at the Office of Student Services in the School of Social Work. Hiring for Spring Quarter and preference to those who plan to take courses in Summer Quarter.
Before applying, please note this position requires:
– Federal work-study funding for 2014-2015 academic year, which is awarded through FASFA based on need
For priority consideration, please submit your resume and Spring Quarter availability (Visual Schedule Preferred; Monday– Friday, 9AM -5pm) by Sunday, March 29, 2015. Applicants may still be considered after the priority deadline. For questions and to apply, please email email@example.com
* Data entry
* Provide information about Admissions and Student Services to visitors, students, and applicants
* Answer a multi-line telephone system and make appropriate referrals
* Assist staff with mailings, filing, scheduling appointments and events
* Other related tasks as assigned
* Must be a UW Student with work study funding.
* Must be able to work independently, exercise a high degree of judgment, initiative and responsibility in working with visitors, students and applicants.
* Strong communication skills, poise, leadership, attention to detail, and maturity.
* Familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and data entry.
* Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
* Commitment to staying in position for academic school year
* Increased familiarity with social services agencies and university resources
* Development of interpersonal, communication, networking, leadership and computer skills.
* Event preparation skills
* Problem solving and office maintenance skills will be enhanced.
Authorized to work PERMANENTLY in the US (U.S. Citizen, National, Permanent Resident, Refugee, Asylee)
Level of Experience: No experience required, 1-2 years related work experience
Salary Level: DOE