Position Title: Work-Study Student Assistant V
Hiring 1-2 student workers at the Office of Student Services in the School of Social Work. Hiring for Spring Quarter with commitment of staying in position for 2015-2016 academic year. Preference to those who plan to take courses in Summer Quarter 2015.
Before applying, please note this position requires:
– Federal work-study funding for 2014-2015 academic year, which is awarded through FASFA based on need
For priority consideration, please submit your resume and Spring Quarter availability (Visual Schedule Preferred; Monday– Friday, 9AM -5pm availability) by Friday, April 3rd. We are still accepting applications. For questions and to apply, please email email@example.com
* Data entry
* Provide information about Admissions and Student Services to visitors, students, and applicants
* Answer a multi-line telephone system and make appropriate referrals
* Assist staff with mailings, filing, scheduling appointments and events
* Other related tasks as assigned
* Must be a UW Student with work study funding.
* Must be able to work independently, exercise a high degree of judgment, initiative and responsibility in working with visitors, students and applicants.
* Strong communication skills, poise, leadership, attention to detail, and maturity.
* Familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and data entry.
* Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
* Commitment to staying in position for academic school year
* Increased familiarity with social services agencies and university resources
* Development of interpersonal, communication, networking, leadership and computer skills.
* Event preparation skills
* Problem solving and office maintenance skills will be enhanced.
Authorized to work PERMANENTLY in the US (U.S. Citizen, National, Permanent Resident, Refugee, Asylee)
Level of Experience: No experience required, 1-2 years related work experience
Salary Level: DOE