Position Title: Work-Study Student Assistant
Hiring 3 student workers at the Office of Student Services in the School of Social Work. Hiring for Fall Quarter and then to continue into the academic school year.
Before applying, please note this position requires Federal work-study funding for 2015-2016 academic year, which is awarded through FASFA based on need. Contact the Office of Financial Aid if you are unsure you received federal work study funding.
For priority consideration, please submit your resume and Fall Quarter visual schedule (Monday- Friday, 9AM -5pm) by Wednesday, August 12th by 5:00 PM. Applicants may still be considered after the priority deadline. For questions and to apply, please email email@example.com
- Provide clerical support – front desk reception coverage, scanning documents, filing, photocopying, assembling packets, mail merge and other general office duties
- Provide information about Admissions and Student Services to visitors, applicants, and students
- Assist staff with event preparation and events
- Other related tasks as assigned
- Must be a UW Student with work study funding
- Must be able to work independently, exercise a high degree of judgment, initiative and responsibility in working with visitors, students and applicants.
- Strong communication skills, poise, leadership, attention to detail, and maturity.
- Familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and data entry.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Commitment to staying in position for academic school year
- Increased familiarity with social services agencies and university resources
- Development of interpersonal, communication, networking, leadership and computer skills.
- Event preparation skills
- Problem solving and office maintenance skills will be enhanced.
Authorized to work PERMANENTLY in the US (U.S. Citizen, National, Permanent Resident, Refugee, Asylee)
Level of Experience: No experience required, 1-2 years related work experience
Salary Level: DOE