FALL APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, October 30th
Start your application now: www.teachforamerica.org/apply
Teach For America is developing a movement of leaders who will help drive change at every level of our education system toward the goal of closing the opportunity gap in America. These leaders start their paths by teaching for two years in urban and rural high-need communities and help students make the academic progress that expands their opportunities. Deeply affected by their teaching experience, our alumni continue to advocate for students and build lasting change in many different roles and fields.
See our mission in action (short video included).
Check it out – UW was the 7th largest contributor of TFA corps members in 2015!
The Basics and Benefits of Teach For America:
- All academic majors and backgrounds accepted
- Salary up to $51,000 with health insurance and retirement benefits
- Graduate school and employer partnerships for alum to continue their leadership and impact
- Regional placement is not random; applicants preference location in our 50 regions
- Possible AmeriCorps Education Award of $11,100 and loan deferment/forbearance
- Option to earn your certification and/or Masters in Education/teaching
DACA recipients are eligible to apply. Learn more here.
Choose to define your success by what you help others achieve