Attention, Juniors & Seniors!
It’s not too late to gain experience and make a difference
Be a Tutor-Mentor: EDUC 401 L&M
UW’s Academic Support Programs is offering a service-learning seminar titled “EDUC 401: Higher Education Tutoring and Mentorship” in Autumn Quarter 2016. This weekly seminar introduces juniors and seniors to tutoring, mentoring, and teaching methodologies. Students apply what they learn in class through tutoring and mentoring new transfer, freshman, and sophomore students who are transitional socially, culturally, and academically to the UW. This is a great opportunity for seasoned students to give back to the UW by sharing their knowledge and experience.
- Schedule: Seminar meets on Mondays from 3:30-4:50 PM or from 6:00-7:20 PM
- Location: Tutoring takes place on campus
- Credits: Receive 2 credits for working with one student, or 3 credits for working with two students. A letter of recommendation will also be available upon request after completion of the seminar
- For more information: Visit http://depts.washington.edu/aspuw/tutor-mentor/
- To Register: please contact Ahnya Redman at firstname.lastname@example.org