The 2017 Bonderman Travel Fellowship application is now available and we encourage you to consider applying!
Deadline: January 9th, 2017, 12pm noon (PST)
To Apply: Visit their website here
Upcoming Info Sessions:
- Monday, 11/7, 3:30-4:30 – Online Information Session
- Thursday, 11/17, 4:30-5:30 – Allen Auditorium, Allen Library
- Tuesday, 11/29, 6:30-7:30 –online information session
- December online Q&A sessions on Thursdays from 12:15-12:45 PM
This fellowship offers University of Washington graduate/professional and undergraduate students (from the Seattle, Tacoma, and Bothell campuses) an opportunity to engage in independent exploration and travel abroad.
David Bonderman- the donor- wishes to give students an opportunity to experience learning and growth in new and unexpected ways. Bonderman Fellow will undertake international travel on their own for eight months, to six or more countries in two or more major regions of the world. Through solo travel the Fellows will focus on exploration and discovery, learning about the world and themselves in it.
Up to seven graduate and seven undergraduate Bonderman Fellowships will be awarded in spring 2017. Each fellowship carries a $20,000 award to be used only for extended solo international travel. Fellows may NOT conduct research, pursue an academic project, or participate in a formal program or organization.
- All applicants must be enrolled and in good standing at the UW during the quarter the application is due and must hold US citizenship or permanent resident status. Good standing in this regard refers not only to academic but also disciplinary and conduct standing. Additionally:
- Undergraduate students: All undergraduate students with senior credit standing AND who also meet ONE of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- At least a 3.65 cumulative UW GPA by the start of Winter 2017; OR
- Participation and good standing in the University Honors Program (Interdisciplinary, Departmental, or College Honors) by the start of Winter 2017. Undergraduates in an Honors Program DO NOT need to have a 3.65 UW GPA or higher to apply, but simply must be in good standing in their respective programs, whatever that may mean.