Are you interested in a career in affordable housing, public policy, nonprofits, or campaigns?
DEADLINE EXTENSION to THURSDAY, JAN. 5th!
A new internship position with The Housing Development Consortium of Seattle-King County (HDC) will be available THIS WINTER, with the possibility of extension through Spring Quarter!
The deadline to apply is 4:00pm on THURSDAY, JANUARY 5th
The HDC is looking for an undergraduate advocacy intern. The internship is part-time (8-15 hours per week) and unpaid. HDC can provide verification of service, and is happy to consider interns with outside funding.
Duties will be tailored to the skills and interests of the intern and may include:
- Grassroots campaign organizing
- Policy research and data analysis
- Strategic communications and public engagement
- Elected official visit preparations
In addition, this internship will provide opportunities to:
- Learn about affordable housing development advocacy
- Network with HDC member organizations and staff
- Gain experience with issues-based campaigns, affordable housing policy, the local and state legislative process, and land use policy
Detailed information about applying (including the application) can be found by clicking here. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
If you have additional questions after you’ve read all the information, don’t hesitate to contact Susanna Hansson in the Sociology Advising office (email@example.com). She will be checking her email throughout the break.
HDC is a nonprofit membership organization which represents more than 100 private businesses, nonprofit organizations and public partners who work to develop affordable housing throughout King County. Our members are dedicated to the vision that all people should be able to live in a safe, healthy, affordable home within a community of opportunity.