Are you looking for an internship? How about one that focuses on the intersect between the environment, race, and social justice?
Seattle City Light is looking for an intern that will work directly in implementing and embedding an environmental equity and social justice lens within the environmental program and policies at Seattle City Light.
Job Title: Environmental Equity Intern
Salary: $16.12-$19.76 hourly
Location: Seattle Municipal Tower, 700 5th Ave, Seattle, WA
Job Type: College Intern
When: June 2017 through June 2018. Candidate must be able to work 40 hours/week in the summer and up to 20 hours/week when classes are in session. Hours will be flexible to accommodate class schedule.
Closing date: 2/21/17 at 4:00 PM
During this internship, the intern will be specifically responsible for:
- Developing program marketing materials with guidance from program staff and the communications team
- Creating and delivering PowerPoint presentations t key internal city of Seattle and community stakeholders
- Assisting in developing of training materials
- Assisting in the facilitation of Environmental Equity and Race and Social Justice training for City Light Staff and key internal and community stakeholders
- Assisting in the development of community outreach strategies
- Attending community events
The position is open to senior undergraduate and graduate students (as of the start of the internship) studying Environmental Justice, Sociology, Environmental Policy, Public Administration, Race and Social Justice, Public Health Policy, or a related major. Undergraduate students must possess at least a 2.0 GPA at the time of application and throughout the internship.
Submit the online form with the following attachments:
- Unofficial transcript, including current coursework, next term registration, and cumulative GPA
- Cover letter explaining how your coursework, activities, and experience qualify you for this internship