Interested in the data science side of sociology? Then this event is for you!
The next installment of the annual All-Campus Poster and Networking session is coming up on February! The submission deadline is Wednesday, February 1st. We encourage you to submit a poster this year because participants like you make this event a success!
February 6th, from 3:00-5:00 PM
Mary Gates Commons
This two-hour event is an opportunity for the University of Washington campus community and regional partners to present their activities and connect with others engaged in data-intensive discovery.
Are you engaged in research or teaching involving data-intensive discovery–either advancing the methodologies, or putting these methodologies to work in any field of discovery? Does your work require extracting knowledge from large, noisy, or complex datasets? Do you use advanced statistical techniques, advanced data management platforms, or advanced visualization methods in your work? Are you involved in inventing these advanced methods? If so, please register to present your work in this poster session, by February 1st!
Refreshments will be provided for all attendees… the cost of poster production will be covered… easels will be provided… This is an incomparable opportunity to network with others who are advancing the forefront of data-intensive discovery.
- Posters must be roughly 32″ by 40″
- Foamcore and easels will be provided for displaying posters (they well not be tacked to the wall)
- You must present at the poster session (although you are encouraged to bring someone along so you can simultaneously staff your poster and network with others)
- You must register by Wednesday, February 1st. Registration from is available here.
- Poster setup will be 2-3 pm
- If you are printing a new poster, eScience can cover printing costs through UW Creative Communications.
** Please send your name and email address to Robin Brooks (email@example.com) to be added to the “approved printing” list prior to submitting your file to UW CC. For guaranteed poster printing, please submit your file to UW Creative Communications by February 1st **
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org