Are you looking to find an internship opportunity? Search no further!
The Career & Internship Center is excited to be hosting the annual Internship Fair!
Thursday (TODAY) February 16th from 2-6pm in the HUB Ballrooms. Students from all 3 campuses are welcome to attend!
The Career & Internship Center’s Internship Fair is a great opportunity for students of all majors, class levels, and from all three UW Campuses to connect with corporate, small business, non-profit and government employers who are all looking for Huskies, like YOU, to fill their internship needs. Don’t miss out on this perfect opportunity!
Tips On How To Prep For The Fair:
- Look at sample resumes in theCareer Guide
- Once you have your resume drafted, stop by for aSame-Day Session and/or ResumeFest to get some feedback on it
- Submit your resume to the 2017 Internship Fair Resume Book! Select employers have purchased access to this book, in the hopes of identifying talented UW candidates. Whether or not you’re attending the fair, don’t miss this opportunity to stand out! Please see instructions below on how to submit your resume:
- Login to your HuskyJobs account athttps://c103-shib.symplicity.com/sso
- From the “Documents” tab on the your left hand side navigation pane, select “Opt-in Resume Books”
- Select the DropDown menu under the Resume Book you’d like to submit your resume to
- Take a look at the attending employers (using The Fairs App) and spend a few minutes researching the employers you are interested in meeting with by visiting their web sites and doing a quick review of them online. The list is updated regularly
- Prepare and practice your introduction. What do you want the employer to know about you? Which of your skills and past experiences do you want to highlight?
- Have a short 15-second “sales pitch” ready and make sure to build in some good questions of your own to ask the employer
- Attend theInternship Fair Success workshop to learn how to prepare, what to bring, what to say, and how to follow-up
What You Should Wear:
- Your style of dress may vary according to the type of field you’re considering and the employers you plan to meet with. However, you’ll find that most employers will be wearing business-casual attire, which is a safe bet for you as well. For example, consider wearing pressed slacks or a skirt with a blouse, sweater, or collared shirt.
The Day Of The Fair:
- Bring 10-15 copies of your well-prepared resume to the fair
- Greet employers with a smile and handshake
- Collect business cards
- Send a thank you note to interesting employers you talked with
- Lockers or storage facilities are not available; to increase the ease with which you can move through the fair, we recommend trying to minimize what you bring with you
- Please bring your Husky card and have it ready for check-in purpose