Are you a University of Washington student studying labor and workers rights? Working for social justice outside the classroom? Pursuing a career in the labor movement, law, public service or the non-profit sector?
Apply Now for a Labor Studies Scholarship!
Deadline to Apply: June 12, 2017
2017-2018 Labor Studies Scholarships & Research Grants
Full information: http://depts.washington.edu/hbcls/
Are you a University of Washington student studying labor and workers rights? Working for social justice outside the classroom? Pursuing a career in the labor movement, law, public service or the non-profit sector? Apply for a scholarship! We are currently seeking applicants and nominations for our scholarships and research grants, and have awards open to both undergraduate and graduate students with a strong interest in labor, human rights, and social justice.
All awards are available to students who will be enrolled at the UW in the 2016-2017 academic year, with the exception of our Best Paper Prize, which can be awarded regardless of enrollment status.
Each year, the Harry Bridges Center for Labor Studies awards thousands of dollars to top students in Labor Studies. This year, over $50,000 will be awarded. Deadlines for this year’s awards are approaching. Apply now!
Deadline to apply: Monday, June 12, 2017
This year’s scholarships include:
- Martin and Anne Jugum Scholarship – $5,500 for undergraduate students
- Gundlach Scholarship – $5,500 for undergraduate or graduate students
- Samuel Bassett Scholarship – $5,500 for undergrad or graduate students pursuing a career in labor relations
- Labor and Employment Relations Association (LERA) Scholarship – $1,000 for students pursuing a career in labor relations
- Martha H. Duggan Fellowship – $10,000 for graduate students studying or providing caring labor
- Best Labor Studies Paper Prize – $500 for the best graduate and undergraduate papers
For more information, visit the Bridges Center website at http://depts.washington.edu/hbcls, or contact Associate Director Andrew Hedden at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can also view the attached flyers here: