This week, the UW Career and Internship Center is continuing its series of workshops and career fairs to help guide and motivate your career plans. Here’s some of what’s on the calendar this week:
- TODAY Exploring Strengths. This workshop will address how to identify personal strengths and how to communicate them through resumes, cover letters, and interviews. Monday, 29 October, 2:30pm-3:00pm.
- Pre-Health Drop-In Coaching. Stop by the Career Center to get some one-on-one advice about professional health graduate programs (e.g. medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, PT, etc.) and how to apply. Tuesday, 30 October, 1pm-4pm.
- Science and Engineering Career Fair. Come meet a variety of employers in science and engineering fields – especially recruiters looking for suitable candidates for full-time, part-time, and internship positions. Full list of employers can be found here. Wednesday, 31 October, 11am-5pm. HUB Ballrooms.
- Interviewing. This workshop is all about de-mystifying the interview process, including how to answer typical questions and how to prepare for your interview. Wednesday, 31 October, 1:30pm-2pm. Online.
- CityYear – Small-Group Career Coaching. Take advantage of this opportunity to have a conversation with Donna Pham, Regional Recruitment Manager of City Year, an educational nonprofit committed to supporting students on the way to graduation. Wednesday, 31 October, 2:30pm-3:30pm. Smith 320.
- International Students – Finding Internships. Designed for international students, this online workshop explores questions international students often have about internships in the U.S., including what they are, who is eligible, and how to find an appropriate internship. Thursday, 01 November, 2:30pm-3pm. Online.
- Pre-Law – Personal Statements and Resumes. This online workshop covers key strategies for crafting personal statements and resumes for your law school applications. Friday, 02 November, 1:30pm-2pm. Online.
All workshops are held in MGH134, unless otherwise noted. Please check Handshake for registration information.
For a complete listing of workshops and other events offered by the Career and Internship Center this quarter, visit the Center’s Calendar of Events.