Interested in studying a foreign language and learning about different cultures? Then you should consider applying for the FLAS Fellowship!
FLAS Fellowships support undergraduate, graduate and professional students in acquiring modern foreign languages and area or international studies competencies.
The National Resource Centers of the University of Washington will offer Academic Year and Summer FLAS Fellowships in the following languages:
Arabic –Bangla –Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian -Burmese –Chinese –Hebrew –Hindi –Indigenous languages spoken in Canada –Indonesian –Inuktitut –Japanese –Kazakh –Khmer –Korean –Persian –Portuguese –Russian – Swahili –Tagalog –Thai –Turkish –Urdu -Uyghur –Vietnamese
Award. FLAS Fellows receive:
- Academic Year Graduate: $18,000 tuition, $15,000 living stipend
- Academic Year Undergraduate: $10,000 tuition,$5,000 living stipend
- Summer Graduate/Undergraduate: $5,000 tuition,$2,500 living stipend
Eligibility. FLAS Fellowships are available to current and incoming undergraduate, graduate, and professional UW students who are U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents.
If you’re interested in learning more, there are 2 more information sessions before the application deadline:
- Thursday, Jan 10, 2:30-3:30, Allen Library Auditorium, G81L (TODAY)
- Wednesday, Jan 16, 3:30-4:30 Thomson Hall Room 317
Deadline. Applications are due 31 January 2019 at 5 PM PST.