It may be a new year, but The Career and Internship Center is already organizing a series of info sessions and workshops that will help make your career path easier to see and follow – no matter which direction it takes you!
Here some of the workshops they will be holding next week:
Monday, 14 January
- Applying to Law School 101, 1:00pm-1:30pm. This online workshop covers the basics of law school applications, including timelines, LSAT, and application components.
- Pre-Health: Getting Started, 1:30pm-2:00pm. This is the perfect workshop for anyone considering a career in a variety of health-related fields, and will cover things like course planning, experiential learning, and possibilities for research.
- Finding Internships, 2:30pm-3:00pm. This broad workshop, which provides guidance about finding the right internship is a perfect opportunity for anyone thinking about doing this kind of experiential learning while you’re here.
Tuesday, 15 January
- Career Launch Workshop, 1:30pm-2:30pm. This open-ended workshop will help guide students through things like missions statements, networking, communicating your strengths and interests, and much more!
Wednesday, 16 January
- Pre-Medical Small Group Coaching, 11:30am-12:20pm. This small-group session allows you to learn from both a career coach and other students about how to plan coursework and extracurricular, as well as how to demonstrate your fit for the health profession.
Thursday, 17 January
- How to Get the Most Out of your Internship – Small Group Coaching, 3:15pm-4:00pm. This small group session, designed for students who are participating in an internship this quarter, will cover strategies for maximizing the value of your internship, including how to develop lasting working relationships and how to handle feedback.
Friday, 18 January
- Finding Internships for International Students, 12:30pm-1:00pm. This workshop is designed for international students who are interested in participating in an internship during their time at the UW.
All workshops are held in MGH134, unless otherwise noted. Please check Handshake for registration information.