Hope everyone has had a successful end to Week 2 of the quarter! Now that you’re a bit more settled in your classes, it’s time to start looking at the big picture again and make some progress on your career planning.
As ALWAYS, the Career Center has some great opportunities to help you think about and prepare for your life after UW. Here’s a few of the most relevant workshops they’ve got planned for next week:
Tuesday, 22 January 2019:
- Finding a Job When You Don’t Have Experience – Transfer Students, Small Group Coaching, 2:00pm-3:00pm. HUB 141. This small group session is designed specifically for transfer students, to help them with job search strategies, including developing application materials, interviewing, and communicating the value of the skills you’ve learned at UW.
Wednesday, 23 January 2019:
- Pre-Health: Getting Great Clinical Exposure, 11:30am-12:00pm. This workshop will help students explore how to get effective clinical exposure that help them discover their skills and interests – a necessary step in applying to professional schools in the field of health.
- LinkedIn Workshop, 1:30pm-2:00pm. This workshop provides students with insight about how to create a LinkedIn profile and how to use the platform effectively in your professional development.
- Finding a Job When You Don’t Have Experience – Small Group Coaching, 3:30pm-4:15pm, Padelford B11. This small group session is designed to help students with job search strategies, including developing application materials, interviewing, and communicating the value of the skills you’ve learned at UW.
- Dropbox Presents Crack the Coding Interview, 3:30pm-5:00pm. This workshop will be led by representatives of DropBox, and will help students to prepare for interviews when seeking coding jobs.
Thursday, 24 January 2019
- Health Profession School Application Lab 1: Writing About your Activities, 1:30pm-2:20pm. This workshop focuses on helping students address the Activities Section of health professional school applications. Students who bring draft application materials will receive feedback!
- How to Talk About Yourself – Small Group Coaching, 4:00pm-4:45pm, Smith M261. Everyone will have to talk about themselves while on the job hunt, and this small group coaching session will help you think about the best way to present yourself and provide evidence for your claims.
Friday, 25 January 2019
- Finding Internships, 12:30-1:00pm, Online. This online workshop is a broad introduction for those interested in interning to the strategies for finding the right internship opportunity for you.
All workshops are held in MGH134, unless otherwise noted. Please check Handshake for registration information.