Happy Friday, my dear Sociology majors! I hope you’re all enjoying a brief respite from the rain, and that you’ve got great plans for the weekend! Here’s your weekly update about what’s going on in the Career Center next week:
Tuesday, 29 January
- LinkedIn Lab, 3:30pm-4:30pm, Smith 401. This is an interactive workshops that will help you build a professional and compelling profile, and how to use LinkedIn to maximize its value.
Wednesday, 30 January
- Job & Internship Fair Success for International Students, 12:30-1pm, Online. This is an opportunity for international students to learn more about how to prepare for and make a great impression at a career fair.
- Should I go to Law School – Small Group Coaching, 2pm-3pm. This group session will let you work with a career coach and other interested students to explore whether law school is right for you.
- Diversity Career Fair, 5:30pm-8:30pm, HUB Ballroom. The UW Chapter of the National Society of Black Engineers is hosting the annual Diversity Career Fair. Open to all students, this is a chance to meet with employers looking for interns – and employees!
Thursday, 31 January
- How to talk About Yourself – Small Group Coaching, 12pm-1pm, Online. This group session gives students the opportunity to talk about strategies to best communicate their strengths and interests to employers.
- Resume Workshop, 1:30pm-2pm, Online. This workshop is for anyone who is creating a resume for the first time, or for those who need a quick refresher on best practices for resume writing.
- Pre-Health Workshop – Getting Started, 2:30pm-3pm. UW’s Pre-Health Career Coaches will help you prepare to enter one of the many health fields. This workshop will cover everything from course & major planning to opportunities for clinical exposure, undergraduate research & leadership.
- Is Grad School Right for Me – Small Group Coaching, 3:30pm-4:15pm, Smith 203E. This small group session will help students explore their graduate school options, including discussion about why and why not to go to grad school.
Friday, 01 February
- Pre-Heatlh Small Group Coaching, 1:30pm-2:20pm. In this small group session, students will work with a career coach to talk about coursework, extra curricular experiences, and how to demonstrate your fit for the health field.
As always, unless otherwise indicated above, all workshops take place in 134 Mary Gates Hall. Follow the links above to register for the events via Handshake.
If you’d like any more information, please visit the Career Center’s website.