Applications are open for the Alan R. Spence Transfer Support Fund – Apply now!
The Alan R. Spence Transfer Support Fund was established to support undergraduate students in their educational pursuits who have transferred from a WA community college to the University of Washington. Dr. Spence had a long career as an educational leader at several Washington state community colleges, including 24 years at Pierce College. Valuing the community college system as a place where student can begin their journey through higher education regardless of their circumstances and backgrounds, Dr. Spence worked tirelessly to ensure that institutional barriers would not impede a student’s ability to be successful. This year, the Spence Fund will award 2-3 scholarships of $1000 each to UW students who entered as transfer students.
- Applicants must be Washington State residents who are US citizens or permanent residents; or undocumented students who are Washington State residents and DACA-eligible or WASFA-eligible.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum of 36 credits at a WA State community college by the time they matriculate at UW Seattle. Students who hold an Associate’s degree are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be UW Seattle matriculated students during the 2018-19 academic year.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need as defined by the Office of Student Financial Aid. (Students in unusual financial situations may apply, but must explain these circumstances in the additional comments section of the application.)
- Running Start students are not eligible if they entered UW as a Freshman Admit.
Apply by 20 February at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/apply/541.
For more information, please visit the fund’s information page. If you have any other question, contact Robin Chang in the UW Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards: email@example.com or phone 206-543-2603.