Good afternoon, SOC majors! Fingers crossed, the weather might actually let us have an uninterrupted week – I mean, we already have Monday off, so maybe we can make it through a week without any cancellations!
As always, here’s your preview of what’s going on with the Career Center next week (weather permitting, of course):
Tuesday, 19 February
- Interviewing Workshop – Online, 3:30pm-4:00pm. This workshop will address basic concerns of interviewing, like how to prepare, what to expect, and best practices for a successful interview.
- Navigating Around Road Bumps in Your Internship – Small Group Coaching, 3:30pm-4:15pm. This coaching session is designed for students who are or will be participating in an internship, and will cover topics like working relationships with superiors, getting helpful feedback, and seeking full-time employment.
Wednesday, 20 February
- Finding a Job When you Don’t Have Experience – Online Small Group Coaching, 10:30am-11:30am. You need to work to gain experience and you need experience to work – this session will help you break that cycle and cover strategies for finding employment without an employment history.
- Interviewing Lab, 2:30pm-3:30pm. This is a great interactive workshop that will help you improve your skills as an interviewee and will cover common questions you’re likely to get during an interview.
Thursday, 21 February
- Career Launch Workshop, 1:30pm-2:30pm. If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed with working on a career plan, this is an excellent opportunity to explore your interests and develop a clear purpose in your job search.
- How to Talk About Yourself – Small Group Coaching, 3:30pm-4:15pm, 203E Smith Hall. It can be uncomfortable to talk about yourself in a professional context, but this coaching session will help you figure out what to talk about and how to say it.
As always, unless otherwise noted, all workshops and information sessions take place in 134 Mary Gates Hall. If you need or want any other information about the Career and Internship Center, please visit their website.