Academic Support Programs (“ASP”) will not be offering 2 of its regular courses in Spring 2019: GEN ST 101 and EDUC 401. General Studies 101 helps students who are struggling academically and in need of peer mentoring and tutoring, while Education 401 offers students the opportunity to teach, mentor and tutor students at UW.
While they are unable to offer these courses this Spring, there are a number of other ways ASP is working to support students:
For students needing deeper support cultivating habits for success at the UW:
- Meet individually with one of their academic coaches for 45 minute, personalized sessions. For more information (and to book appointments) follow this link.
- If you have more concerns, they can also assign a coach to your student to meet with weekly, twice a week or every other week. They can set up a contract and schedule and allow advisers access to attendance and general notes. For more information on this contact ASP Director, Adiam Tesfay, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For students needing subject specific tutoring or access to additional resources, ASP has developed a section of their website to gather tips, tools, and handouts, including:
For students interested in workshops addressing academic skills, ASP offers four workshops every quarter:
- Wait! When Is That Due?! Successful Time Management At The UW (April 10th at 6:30pm in MGH 242)
- Meeting With Instructors—The Benefits Of Reaching Out – April 17th at 7:30pm in MGH 242
- Study Smart: Effective Study Strategies – April 23rd at 6:30pm in MGH 242
- (Final) Exam Prep And Test Anxiety – May 1st at 6:30pm in MGH 242
If you would like any more information about the ways that Academic Support Programs can help you, please visit their website or contact