SOC Majors – my dear family – my apologies for not posting your weekly Career Center preview last Friday. I was presenting my research at a conference and time got away from me!
Fully in the spirit of “Better late than never,” here’s what the Career Center is offering this week:
Tuesday, 23 April
- Career Launch, 2:30pm-3:20pm. This is an interactive workshop for anyone who wants to have a clear plan before they hit job market, thinking about things like thinking about who you are and what you want from your career, and how to express that in your resume and while networking.
- How to Rock an Interview – Small Group Coaching, 4pm-4:45pm, Smith M261. Tomorrow’s small group session, hosted by our own Arts and Sciences specialist Caitlin Golbaum, will be focused on how to respond to common interview scenarios to demonstrate your strength as a job candidate.
Wednesday, 24 April
- Interviewing Workshop, 2:30pm-3pm, Online. This online workshop is another great chance to improve your interviewing skills, including how to prepare, what to expect, and how to succeed once you’re in the interview room!
Thursday, 25 April
- LinkedIn Lab, 1:30pm-2:20pm. We all know that LinkedIn can be a great platform to find jobs and internships, and this workshop will cover the ways you can make the most out of using LinkedIn – from setting up your profile to professional communication! Note: if you plan to attend, make sure to bring a laptop!
- Translating Your Student Experience to Career, 3:30pm-4:20pm, HUB 141 Computer Transfer and Commons. This small group coaching session, specifically designed for transfer students, will cover things like finding the right opportunities for you, applying for jobs, and translating your student experiences into work strengths.
Friday, 26 April
- Cover Letter Workshop, 12:30pm-1pm, Online. This online workshop will help you improve your cover letter writing skills, regardless of whether your a first time writer or just want to create better letters to sell yourself as a job candidate.
- How to Prepare for Law School, 2pm-2:30pm. Thinking about applying to law school but want some guidance before you jump right into the application process? This is the perfect workshop for you, covering things like application timelines, preparing application materials, and what to do next – no matter where you are in the application process!
As always, unless otherwise noted, all workshops and information sessions take place in 134 Mary Gates Hall. If you need or want any other information about the Career and Internship Center, please visit their website.