Good morning, SOC majors! As of the end of today, you’ve all officially made it halfway through the quarter – and hopefully that’s more a cause for celebration than for panic!
Whatever is going on in your quarter, the Career Center continues to offer great opportunities to help you with your career planning. Here’s what they’re offering next week:
Monday, 06 May 2019
- Cover Letter Workshop, 2:30pm-3:00pm. Whether you’ve written dozens of cover letters or none, this workshop is a great opportunity to learn about how to create an effective cover letter.
Tuesday, 07 May 2019
- Finding a Job When You Don’t Have Experience – Small Group Coaching, 3:30pm-4:15pm, Savery 305. This small group coaching session, led by Caitlin Goldbaum, will help beat the paradox of “Need experience to work, and need to work to gain experience”!
Wednesday, 08 May 2019
- How to Prepare for Law School – Small-Group Coaching, 3:30pm-4:15pm, Gates Law School 115. Thinking about heading to law school after graduating? Come join this small-group coaching session to discuss how best to prepare for applying to and attending law school.
- Networking for People who Hate to Network, 4:00pm-4:15pm, Smith M261. Everyone knows the value of building a strong professional network, but the act of networking itself can feel awkward and uncomfortable. Join Caitlin Goldbaum for this small group session to help make networking a little less intimidating.
Thursday, 09 May 2019
- Career Launch, 3:30pm-4:20pm. Career Launch is designed to give you a solid foundation to start your career planning. This workshop will help you articulate a mission statement about who you are and what you want to do – a critical first step in effective career building!
Friday, 10 May 2019
- Letters of Recommendation for Law School, 11:30am-12:00pm. If you’ve thought about applying for law school, you already know that letters of recommendation can be very important. This workshop will cover how law schools use these letters, as well as how to build strong relationships with faculty now who will be able to you a persuasive letter.
As always, unless otherwise noted, all workshops and information sessions take place in 134 Mary Gates Hall. If you need or want any other information about the Career and Internship Center, please visit their website.