C21 – the Center for 21st Century Liberal Learning – in the College of Arts and Sciences seeks to recruit 3 Arts & Sciences undergraduates to assist in the production of online learning modules designed to help A&S students engage meaningfully in their career journey preparation.
The Media Production Assistant position is a part-time, applied project opportunity funded by summer scholarship for students with a strong interest in media production. Students must be enrolled Summer AND/OR Fall 2019 quarter(s). Deadline for applications is 15 May.
While experience in media production is desired, they are more interested in self-motivated and team-oriented students with a penchant for positivity and responsibility, even in highly ambiguous circumstances.
Hours: Average of 12 hours per week: Summer Quarter A&B, 2019.
Compensation: $1,800 scholarship, applied either Summer or Fall 2019 quarters Note: students do not have to be eligible for financial aid to receive scholarship.
Position Description: This opportunity will allow undergraduates with a strong interest in media production to learn from a video professional while assisting with undergraduate programming initiatives that will reach all A&S students. Media Production Scholars will have a hand in all aspects of production, from pre-production planning & logistics, to research, talent coordination and location scouting, to assisting with video interviews, field and studio production, animation, graphics, editing and other production needs as assigned.
- Must be enrolled Summer and/or Fall 2019 quarter(s)
- Ability to communicate effectively, responsively and appropriately verbally and via email
- Ability to work collaboratively with other students and staff
- Organized and detail-oriented, with serious follow-through skills
- Sense of humor
- Able to switch gears quickly to address the needs of the work as it arises
- Self-motivated to help solve unexpected problems that may arise
- Able to take responsibility for self and action in ambiguous circumstances
- Able to deal with failure and modify future action based on feedback
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs and stand for extended periods of time
Desired (one or more of the following):
- Experience in media production, to include one to all of the following: content production, camera-work, audio recording, other production work, animation and/or Adobe editing tools (e.g. Premiere and After-Effects)
- Experience “in front of” the camera, whether on-camera work or voiceover work
- Demonstrated success in leveraging social media platforms for content distribution, marketing and outreach
- Demonstrated success in outreach and sourcing student volunteers
Application materials needed:
- Email outlining why you are applying for this opportunity and articulating your interests and/or experience in media production.
- Contact information for two references.
- For those applicants selected for an interview, interviews will be held during the days of 28-31 May 2019. Please provide an indication of three, 1 hour time blocks you are available on this date for an interview.
Deadline: Please submit all materials via email by Wed, May 15th at 11:59 pm Pacific time to Gretchen Ludwig, Manager of Learning Initiatives, firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may be addressed to Gretchen via email, or via phone at (206) 616-2970