Help address the systematic biases relating to gender, race, and social class that lead to under-representation of topics, people, and organizations on Wikipedia! Editors of all levels of experience welcome!
From beginners just starting out to Wiki experts, there will be stations for all levels to learn and edit and create pages that improve Wiki coverage of historically marginalized communities with an emphasis on labor history found in the Labor Archives of WA.
- When: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Where: UW Research Commons, Allen Library South
- RSVP: bit.ly/2nZQL9f
- Facebook Event: bit.ly/30FdS6h
Other important information…
- Novice editors encouraged to attend an advance online tutorial that will be available to registrants. Support for beginners will be available onsite!
- For experts, we will also have specialized help for working with Wikidata.
- Bring your laptops and power cords. A limited number of laptops will be available for loan.
- We will share a list of books, articles, and archival finding aids to edit with or editors can bring their own. A list of suggested entries and archival collections to add will be provided. We will help teach new editors how to edit at this workshop!
- All are welcome; this event is geared towards University of Washington student, faculty, and community members.
- Light refreshments will be served.