Student Academic Services at UW provides a variety of services, one of which is academic coaching. If you are interested in using this valuable and free service, check out the following opportunities.
1) Students can schedule on-line appointments to meet with coaches individually and discuss habits that will facilitate academic success. Oftentimes these sessions address: time-management, effective study strategies, locating and using campus resources, and motivation. Students can learn more about coaches and set up appointments through the Student Academic Services website linked here.
2) Every quarter Student Academic Services offers hour-long workshops on the “greatest hits” (most common subjects often addressed in coaching). Here’s the schedule for this quarter (all events are held in Mary Gates Hall, room 242 from 6:30-7:30p.m.):
- Wait! When is that Due?! Successful Time Management at the UW (January 22, 2020)
- Meeting with Instructors – The Benefits of Reaching Out (January 29, 2020)
- Study Smart: Effective Study Strategies (February 5, 2020)
- Finals Prep and Test Anxiety (February 19, 2020)