Curious about Seattle’s booming tech scene, but don’t want to work in software engineering or data science? Tech companies require a broad range of skill sets and roles to function – including marketing, sales, account management, human resources, operations, project management, and more. In fact, according to a Glassdoor report, 43% of available opportunities in tech companies are non-technical roles!
Applications are now open for the Career & Internship Center’s Fall 2020 Virtual Mentorship Program: Non-Tech Roles in Tech. Applications are due Sunday, May 17th before 11:59pm PDT.
- Students indicate a focus area interest within tech during the application process.
- Applicants will be selected and notified by mid-June at the latest.
This program will be held entirely virtually, using collaborative platforms like Zoom, Skype or Microsoft Teams, and will pair small groups of UW undergrad students with mentors to explore, discuss and learn more about non-technical roles in the tech industry. Students will be enrolled in a 1 credit (CR/NC) GenSt course for Fall Quarter 2020:
- Week 1: Kick-off session to learn what to expect at your mentor meetings, and meet with group to plan topics and questions for your mentor
- Weeks 2-9: Virtual meetings with your mentor.
- Week 10: Wrap-Up networking event with all mentors and students in the program.