The Washington Student Achievement Council is excited to announce the second application cycle for the Teacher Shortage Conditional Scholarship program. This program is designed to provide financial aid to encourage persons to become teachers and to retain these teachers in shortage areas. The program provides potential funding of up to $8,000 per year for up to four years, toward earning a Washington Residency Teacher Certificate. Award amounts may vary depending upon financial need and funds available.
In order to qualify, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a PESB-approved teacher preparation program leading to full residency certification.
- Intend to pursue an initial teacher certificate with an endorsement in a shortage area.
- File the current FAFSA or WASFA.
- NOT have a Washington Residency Teacher Certificate.
- NOT be a recipient of the Alternative Routes Conditional Scholarship Program.
All candidates who meet these minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply. Priority may be given to applicants seeking endorsement in a Career and Technical Education area. Applicants who applied during the last cycle are eligible to apply again. The application is open and available on our website: https://wsac.wa.gov/teachers.