Operations & Program Assistant
The Queen Anne Food Bank is a ministry of Sacred Heart Church. With the help of over 50
volunteers weekly, we serve sack lunches and hot soup Monday-Friday to over 100
residents living in the Lower Queen Anne and Belltown neighborhoods and another 70
households each week through our grocery distribution program.
The Operations and Program Assistant reports to the Operations Manager, and assists
with the management and daily operations of the food bank and meal program. An ideal
candidate has an interest in food justice, has excellent communication skills and is excited
about building community among volunteers, clients and other supporters while learning
about the daily operations of a busy food bank.
This is 30-40 hour/week position. Candidate is paid hourly DOE. Full benefits included.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Schedules and carries out food pickups from our partners, is a point person for key
partners involved with Seattle’s Table and Grocery Rescue;
• Has a thorough understanding of the requirements of the King County Health
Department and is comfortable overseeing volunteer compliance with health code;
• Manages inventory and liaises with the Operations Manager to coordinate monthly
food drive schedule and community food drive partnerships;
• Assists with running daily activities at the food bank and provides leadership to
• Assists management team with outreach activities and event planning;
• Attends meetings pertaining to food bank operations.
• Good physical condition: ability to lift up to fifty pounds up fifteen stairs. Ability to
bend, reach and load food into and out of vehicles;
• Proficient with computer systems such as Microsoft Office, SalesForce Non-Profit,
• Has a passion for the work, i.e. feels called to food justice work and is driven to
contribute to the development of a small, new non-profit;
• Washington State drivers license with ability to drive a large van;
• Experience working in the food service industry is a plus;
• Proven ability to meet deadlines;
• First Aid certification or willingness to become certified in first aid.
Skills and Competencies:
• A candidate with a relevant B.A. degree, management certificate, or comparable
combination of education and work experience is preferred.
• Interpersonal skills: ability to communicate effectively in person, on the telephone,
in writing, and in the public arena;